THE ITHAKA LEADERSHIP DIPLOMA FOR PHARMACISTS
Do any of these scenarios sound familiar:
- Changes in the Nhs. New opportunities for innovative providers. How can I maximise these opportunities?
- Everything comes back to me! I want my team to take more responsibility
- I'm in the detail most days, I want to work on the business not just in the business
- Do I spend enough time motivating my high achievers?
- Am I an effective leader, how do I manage what I don't do so well?
- Problem people, what can i do to solve?
- Not enough time for myself, I want to improve my work - life balance
- It's difficult sharing problems, do others experience the same thing?
Designed at the request of a group of pharmacists, this is a practical leadership and management diploma to help deal with the challenging demands placed on a modern day Pharmacist. From the challenges of leading a team to exploiting new commercial opportunities, this interactive programme will push and challenge you at every level.
Pharmacists will receive a Diploma in Continuing Professional Development from Coventry University (80 Cat points). Although they will receive an academic qualification, this is not an academic programme…it is designed and delivered by Ithaka Leadership who strongly believe in development that benefits the individual as well as the business.
This programme has 4 projects to be submitted to the University. These work based projects require the implementation of real change into your job role. This form of delivery reinforces learning and avoids "tick box" training.
Pharmacist Programme Content
1. Understanding Self to Improve Performance
- Using Insights Discovery to explore personality
- How to build effective relationships
- Developing self management to improve performance
- Identify how personality mix affects team dynamics
3. Getting the Best out of my Staff
- Developing the individual
- Getting the best out of my star performers
- Managing my poor performers
- Training and coaching staff
2. Developing My Leadership Capability
- Leadership behaviours
- Building capabilities and confidence
- Effective communication
- Reflect on own development requirements
4. Leading Change and Improvement Within the Workplace
- Understanding organisations
- Identifying Improvements
- Supporting change and improvement within an organisation
Booking or Questions - Call on 0845 496 4548 or email below
Accreditation: Diploma in Continuing Professional Development Level 5
80 Cat Points which can build to full degree
Start Date: 16 evenings in total split by 10 face to face and 6 via live online web sessions taking place at 6:45pm until 9:45pm on:
Day 1 & 2 - 28, 29 Jan 2013
Day 3 & 4 - 12, 19 Feb
Day 5 & 6 - 12, 26 March
Day 7 & 8 - 2, 9 April
Day 9 & 10 - 7 May, 4 June
Day 11 &12 - 9, 16 July
Day 13 & 14 - 6, 13 August
Day 15 & 16 - 10, 17 Sept
Location: Signing Tree Conference Centre, Birmingham, B16 8SZ
Price: £2,800 + Vat
Group Size: Max 15
Funding: SME's in England under £40m turnover and employing less than 249 should be able to join GrowthAccelerator. Once signed up, each Pharmacy Manager can claim 50% funding bringing this diploma to just £1400 + Vat
I have seen a massive improvement in staff morale due to relationships based on trust…in turn this has had a positive effect on the business turnover
Gurvinder Najran, Pharmacist Manager
It has changed the way I perceive things, but also the way other managers and staff in the business see things.
Indi Mandair, Pharmacist Manager